Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mining MySpace - We Were Promised Jetpacks



I swear I'm not fixated on Glasgow (Updated - Feb. 18, 2008: though that swear was a lie at the time I initially wrote this I am not ashamed to make my readers aware of that fact. I am officially over my addiction to the current happenings over in Glasgow - I am also over my coverage for the time being of Australia, New Zealand and Amsterdam - though I always tend to drift back there on occasion. A bon voyage to those readers whom I have really never met.) Though I wouldn't be embarrassed to say so if I were. My next entry will be about a different music scene. Before then I just have to bring We Were Promised Jetpacks to your attention. They're really (Update: Id. removed "effing.") good!


I think Bloodshed In The Woodshed nailed it with this entry:



Every now and again you accidentally stumble upon something quite brilliant. The open-mouthed moment of wonder when you realise you've been an idiot for not hearing something so amazingly good before has to be one of my favourite feelings on earth. Today this happened to me.

And to me today. I can't stop (Update: Id. I did.) listening to Quiet Little Voices and Moving Clocks Run Slow. You shouldn't be able to either. I would love to hear some more music by WWPJ. (Update: Id. I won't.) If anyone out there in music blog land can point me in the right direction please let me know! (Update: Id. they didn't.)

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page