Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Calico Brothers - Future Phenoms




The Calico Brothers don't have a website or a label and it's next to impossible to find a place to purchase their music. Those three things need to be rectified because these "three brothers, one cousin, one friend...all good (mostly) [who] sing, play instruments, record songs, sometimes play live, sometimes drink wine, watch TV, go to bed early, [and] swim at the beach in the morning," are seriously "choice."

You can find their song God Left Town on Westside Rules: The Outrageous Fortune Soundtrack (along with a bunch of other good tunes). Dunedin Music has a couple tracks on their site, including Poor Little Girl. And of course (thankfully) they have their MySpace page (below).

I really like what I have been able to hear. I can only hope that the Calico Brothers release some more recordings. I think they have the potential to get a wider audience, well beyond New Zealand. I wish them the best.

If you want to help these lads I did find an online venue where you can purchase some of their songs. I'm not sure if you have to be in New Zealand to make a purchase. I'll give it a shot later. If someone beats me to it let me know.

Purchase some Calico Brothers Tracks Here!


MySpace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I saw an EP for sale on CD Baby - Sounds like my kind of apples...
http://cdbaby.com/cd/calicobrothers

 
Locations of visitors to this page