Thursday, January 10, 2008

Elle s’appelle



Elle s'appelle calls itself powerpop/new wave. Its an interesting label from a new and interesting band that sounds like they would be great fun to experience live. The above video was created using the program iStopMotion by Boinx Software. The website is in fact how I first came across Elle s'appelle. I then went to their MySpace and listened to some of their other tunes.

I gave a nice listen to all the MySpace songs. I enjoyed them all too. Along with "Little Flame" they have some nice sounds. I hope it doesn't turn anyone off, but if you like Queen, or at least the vocal stylings of Freddie Mercury, you will probably like listening to "Mariappa" - which somehow sounds like a mashup of Frere Jacques and Bicycle Race - and "Everybody Needs Good Neighbours" - which also (somehow) has some vocal echoes from the very poppy "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles).

If you are in the UK and get to see them in person I would love to hear from you. Even better, it would be "brill" if someone could score me some tickets and a place to stay.

Anyway, I think I am going to keep my eye on these kids. They sound fun and silly powerpop/new wave or whatever you want to call Elle s'appelle is just what the doctor ordered . . . sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ndeed, keep your eyes on them

 
Locations of visitors to this page