Saturday, November 10, 2007

Record Review-- The Blakes, "The Blakes"



I'm really excited about this band. They're a three piece outfit of young kids from Seattle. The album contains what should be a breakout hit, "Don't Bother Me." It has all the hallmarks of a hit--catchy beat, sweeping guitar hook, and a chorus you want to shout out loud with--"Don't Bother Me!/ I'm caught up in your legs, I don't want to get out/Don't bother me!" Its a great, great tune. The rest of the album is quite good as well. Their sound is largely garage rock with a bit of classic rock and roll built in. Its a band that I'm quite excited about. I think they have a bright future.

My favorite song on the album is "Lint Walk." The video for the song is above. Great video. Watch out for this band. They got serious talent.

RATING-- 7.7

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page