Monday, July 7, 2008

My favorite song of all time

Its Don't Stop by The Stone Roses. Bet you thought I would say Radiohead, or The National, or the Libertines. Nope, gotta go with the dudes from Madchester. Their self-titled album is, I think, the greatest album of all time. It was released nearly 20 years ago and still doesn't sound dated. How many albums can claim that. Its not my favorite album of all time. There's a distinction between what I think is best and what is best from a more objective standpoint. Dave Clarke, the famous UK DJ, to this day, still ends every set with Fool's Gold. I never get sick of hearing Don't Stop.



Here's elephant stone off the same album. Freaking unbelievable. Doesn't top Don't Stop, but its still an unbelievable song.





Elephant Stone is such a great song, here is what it sounds like backwards. The track is called Full Fathom Five and is off the Complete Stone Roses CD--no collection is complete without it.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page