Sunday, August 3, 2008

LA Music scene

I post alot about bands on the NYC scene. Its probably because I have friends there that keep me plugged in on the goings on. Los Angeles has a great music scene too. There are alot of great bands cutting their teeth on the indie rock scene over there. The two best are Mellowdrone and Autolux. I've already posted about Mellowdrone.

This is Autolux. They came out with a great album 4 years ago. Dark, propulsive, like a more poppy version of My Bloody Valentines Loveless. Then I never heard from them again. No tour, no news, no nothing. They have a new single called Audience No. 2. Here it is. I cannot wait for their new album. I love the off beat drumming syncopation on this.



This is Viva K. They do dark dancey-rock. I'm not a huge fan of dancey rock, but at least its more creative than most of the stuff being hyped right now. The song is called Does it Matter?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page